Well obvious I am not doing as well about posting in this as I would have liked. As much as I love being around Cassie every day, she is really just now getting to the point where her personality is coming out and stories can start to happen....
She's 8 1/2 months now, and that sounds so big to me. I know that she has the rest of her life, and 8 months is nothing, but it is AMAZING how far a baby comes in 8 short months. She looks so different now, yet exactly the same as when she was born.
She is trying to crawl, although she doesn't seem particularly determined. She can push up on her hands and knees, and take a couple of moves forward, then decides she wants to sit down and play with something else. I kind of wonder what she would do if we put her down in the middle of a room with no toys within 5 feet, but I have the feeling she would just sit there and cry until someone comes to get her.
She really hates feeling alone. She hates to nap by herself. She will only nap for maybe 20 - 30 minutes by herself, but if she is on top of grandma or beside me, she will sleep for a couple of hours. She is usually fine sitting in her car seat while we're getting ready, but if I step into the other room to grab my shoes she'll start screaming.
I can't help but wonder if any of that has to do with her stay in the hospital for jaundice. I felt so bad watching her lay there all alone and exposed under the lights, and now its showing how much she doesn't like to be feel alone. Maybe thats normal for babies and I just don't know that, but she definitely does seem to have someone close by as much as possible.
I know that she should never BE alone either, but I'm talking for a couple of minutes in her crib while I'm in the bathroom, or for a split second while I get something from another room. I would never leave her alone in a situation where she could get hurt. Especially with her being able to pull up now.
Oh well, I'll just need to snuggle her more I guess. Let's see if I can go less than 5 months before the next post eh.....
No comments:
Post a Comment